We asked you to share your favourite nutritious recipes that your child can help prepare and here is our first submission from 2-year-old Alice.
Alice is great at mixing up this dish and its easy and safe for little helping hands. It is super quick to prepare and you can use whatever salad veg you have in your fridge. Store-bought hummus is fine to use too but this recipe is really easy and tastes amazing.
Hummus Pasta Recipe
500g dried pasta (we used gluten-free)
200g hummus, bought or recipe below
Whatever salad veg you have, we used:
1 spring onion, finely sliced
½ a red pepper, diced
½ a green pepper, diced
½ cup olives, sliced
10 halved baby plum tomatoes
Small tin sweetcorn
¼ cucumber, diced
1 stick celery, diced
1 tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta as per instructions, drain, rinse in cold water so it’s warm.
2. Add everything else and stir
¼ cup lemon juice
¼ cup tahini
1 clove garlic, whole
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp salt
1 can chickpeas, drained
1. Place lemon juice and tahini in a food processor, high speed 2 minutes.
2. Add garlic, salt and cumin, process for 1 minute.
3. Add the chickpeas and process for 2 minutes.
4. Secret bit; turn the processor on and add 1 tbsp of cold water a few drops at a time over about 1 minute. This completely changes the texture and makes it light and fluffy.