Emily created this simple recipe herself, adding flavours that she loves to the coating mix.
We often double up on the quantity of mashed potatoes when we make cottage's pie, then make these crispy croquettes the day after.
For the coating:
150g breadcrumbs (we used gluten-free)
4 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
1 kg cold mashed potato
100ml Milk (we used cashew milk)
1. Preheat oven to 200 deg C
2. Combine the coating ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Take golf ball sized pieces of mashed potato and roll into a short sausage shape about 1 ½ cm thick.
4. Dip the potato into the milk.
5. Roll in the breadcrumb mix to coat, we find it easier to do this with the breadcrumbs spread on a plate
6. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper
7. Bake for 20-30 mins until golden brown